Thursday, March 26, 2009
"For around $25 a head, Lavely provides dishware, protective gear and the felt-tipped pens that people use to write on the plates they then violently fling at the walls."
here's the article...interrrresting.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Special Olympics takes on use of 'R-word'
(CNN) -- An unexpected and sudden spotlight on the Special Olympics, an organization that for more than 40 years has served and honored those with intellectual disabilities, comes less than two weeks before the nonprofit launches a new campaign: Spread the Word to the End the Word.
March 31 is being billed a "national day of awareness," a call to Americans to recognize and rethink their use of the word "retard," or as the organization would prefer, the "R-word."
p.s. i know i'm going to hell...oh wait, jews don't have hell...retard retard retard.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
NJ May Ban Brazilian Waxes
New Jersey's board of cosmetology is pushing for a ban on Brazilian bikini waxes, a popular salon treatment that removes all hair in the genital area using strips of hot wax. Why? Two New Jersey women were hospitalized for infections after receiving the treatment. Genital waxing has never specifically been allowed, but because no direct ban exists most salons provide the service, which their owners say is a big money-maker. Salon owners are predicting that women will seek their bare-it-all fix across state lines.
Bruce Springsteen will be doing a solo performance of his new album's title track, " " on the "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" today . (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL. Bruce Springsteen's performance will be available online the following day at www.thedailyshow.com.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Colactaneo: foster brother
Gluglutear: to gobble
Bembo: thick lipped
Amojonar: to mark off with landmarks
Tasajo: jerked beef
Donjuan: four o clock
Flinflanear: to tinkle
Gozque: little yapping dog
Zullar: to break wind
Zurupeto: shyster notary
Monday, March 16, 2009
To explain the unique ridiculousness of Alex and Simon to someone unacquainted with this show, I'd present this snippet of dialogue from the scene of them packing for their Caribbean vacation:ALEX: I probably don't need the denim ball gown, as much as I love it.
SIMON: I'm going to take these pink jeans.
ALEX: Are you taking your pink loafers too?
Folgo: foot muff
Petimetre: dude, sport, dandy
Embolar: to put wooden balls on
Eyacular: to ejaculate
Largatija: wall lizard
Nagualear: to be out looking for trouble all night
Monday, March 9, 2009
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." -- "Gone With the Wind"
2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -- "The Godfather"
3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." -- "On the Waterfront"
4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." -- "The Wizard of Oz"
5. "Here's looking at you, kid." -- "Casablanca"
6. "Go ahead, make my day." -- "Sudden Impact"
7. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup." -- "Sunset Blvd."
8. "May the Force be with you." -- "Star Wars"
9. "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night." -- "All About Eve"
10. "You talking to me?" -- "Taxi Driver"
Source: American Film Institute
Thursday, March 5, 2009
* i'm not a fan of the over-the-top runs but dualing piano guy is killin' it!
* black horse and the cherry tree is the "jamsiest" song around. i guess...
* i hope to be myself too, von. BEGINNING to become boring? nuh uh. always has been. ok, buh bye von.
* if all these contestants were able to pick the "right" song this time, why didn't they pick that song the first time?
* ricky braddy is very very good. but every time i hear his name i think of ricky bobby and the pre-meal prayers to baby jesus.
* self-indulgent is the new pitchy
* i'm DREADING seeing tatiana. GO A-FUCKING-WAY. ENOUGH. seriously, PLEASE.
* this show is monumentally better when i can fast forward thru the commercials and the judges' bullshite
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
* von is white and nerdy and i can't believe the judges liked his performance
* my sushi is delicious even though they charged me $1 for salad dressing
* what's with the rubber leggings?
* i don't get the shopping thing either, simon
* why do they keep letting super young people thru and then say they're too young to know what they're doing? a lot of these kids would do better if they waited a few years...
* the dorky kid has a good voice but come on. total dork. i don't like how he's doing that growly voice thing during an elton john song. he's all over the place. the judges just ripped him a new one. i think they let him thru just so they could do that. a'holes.
* abba? really? wow, that girl f'd up that song bad. even though she was "cute as a button". what does a 16 year old know about making an abba song contemporary?
* when i see commercials for nexxus dualiste, it makes me think of zoolander and derelicte
* ju'not joiner is good...i can tell who he'd be as an artist and he's making it his own (i could be an idol judge). but i don't get that delilah song, what's the big whoop?
* nathaniel needs some tough love and a shrink but he gets HUGE points for singing meatloaf. his voice was way less queeny than he is.
* damn, this show moves so fucking slowly
* oh jeez. blind dude. does he get automatic sympathy votes? ooh, now i'm the a'hole.
still, he has an afromullet that he probably doesn't even know he has cuz he can't see it and his song is boring me to tears. but he's nice
* i didn't realize how much i worship my DVR...commercials are boooorrrrinnnnggggg and there are sooooooo manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy of themmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
* nice jorge, nice one baby
* final thoughts:
so is taylor
so is dorky guy
buh buy 16 yr old
i hope ju'not joiner stays
and that kristen two-tone hair goes
i'd like to see nathanial go thru, but it's not likely
who's felicia barton?
blind guy...just...blind guy
see ya country girl
yay lil rounds
* i will spare you from live blogging during bachelor after the final rose
- are you angry?
- i am not alone
- this is retarded
- wtf nj
- i bet i can cheer andrew up
- clever way to give notice
- funny dictionary finds, parte dos
- elevator headline or cartoon plot
- awesome quiz
- real housewives of nyc
- soooooooo bored
- American Film Institute's top 10 movie quotes
- almost live blogging during idol wildcard
- live blogging during american idol
- ▼ March (17)